TransCelerate’s Patient Experience Initiative tools are intended to provide more effective ways to engage with patients in the design and execution of clinical studies.
The Patient Protocol Engagement Toolkit (P-PET) facilitates the design of clinical studies with patient inputs.
The Study Participant Feedback Questionnaire (SPFQ) Toolkit is a set of questionnaires administered at the beginning, during and end of the study to improve studies by learning from patients.
Benefits for Patients:
- Increased engagement through better communication and feedback processes
- Increased understanding of the value in participating in clinical trials
- Potential increase in the sense of altruism due to the confidence of knowing that their participation and feedback in trials may improve future study volunteers’ experiences
- Potential decrease in the burden of participating in clinical trials
Benefits for Sponsors, Sites and Investigators:
- Potential improvement in patient recruitment, retention, and adherence within clinical trials
- Potential reduction in long term costs through more effective patient engagement
The following assets are now available:
Patient Protocol Engagement Toolkit (P-PET): The P-PET provides tools and resources to use in engaging patient advisors during protocol development with the goal to improve patient experience and reduce patient burden as a study participant. The P-PET can be utilized by sponsors to partner with patient advisors in creating patient-centric clinical studies.
Study Participant Feedback Questionnaire Toolkit (SPFQ): The SPFQ is a questionnaire for patients at the beginning, middle and end of a clinical study. The questionnaire results will help sponsors learn from patients so that they may improve trials.