The Pulse on Progress
Information Sharing & Harmonization
- The eSource initiative developed the Site Capability Questionnaire, intended to help capture sites’ use of technology during the site qualification process. The form aims to facilitate the reduction of administrative burden on investigative sites by collecting information consistently across multiple sponsor companies.
Improve the Patient & Site Experience
- The Patient Technology (PT) initiative released two new resources, including the Patient Technology Implementation Framework and the Regulatory Landscape Tool. The Implementation Framework is designed to help sponsors develop holistic approaches for the application of patient-facing digital technology, while also encouraging a mindset of strategic thinking, rapid learning and patient-centric design. The Regulatory Landscape Tool presents an overview of U.S. and E.U. regulatory requirements related to PT and their use in clinical trials. It also provides links to relevant regulations, guidance and intelligence addressing these topics. Both resources are available now on the PT Assets page.
- The Quality Management System (QMS) team announced the release of two new manuscripts published in Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Sciences (TIRS). These papers provide insightful guidance for implementing QMS Risk Management and QMS Process Management frameworks in clinical development. In addition, they are each accompanied by several supporting tools to further assist in the implementation process:
- The eConsent team updated their global metrics based on the eConsent Global Landscape Survey. On the interactive map, users can view which countries have had eConsent submissions (to HAs and/or IRB/IECs), and which of those countries actively consented patients using eConsent. Visit our eConsent Assets page to learn more.
- The Shared Investigator Platform (SIP) has released R3.1. This release is the last co-developed release with Cognizant and completes the initiative’s development objectives. R3.1 includes:
- Expanded, centralized workflows to onboard & collaborate with Site Networks, SMOs, AROs & CROs
- Introduced open, public APIs for Payments Module integration
- Delivered 100% of open items from previous releases and no remaining open defects
- Due to feedback gathered by the Site Qualification and Training (SQT) Initiative on multiple SQT forms, the team has developed unlocked Word versions of both the current CV template and the Financial Disclosure Form. Download these helpful resources on our website.
Enhance Sponsor Efficiencies & Drug Safety
- The Risk-Based Monitoring Initiative enhanced the Risk Indicator Library published in 2015. The refreshed library refined and removed several key risk indicators based on feedback that suggested the existing format and structure needed updating and simplification.
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q4 2018
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q3 2018
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q2 2018
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q1 2018
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q4 2017
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q3 2017
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q2 2017
Pulse on Progress - Edition Q1 2017