The Patient Technology Toolkit and
The Patient Technology Initiative aims to enable and accelerate the adoption of patient-facing digital technologies (PT) in clinical trials. Based on research published in the Patient Technology white paper, the Patient Technology Toolkit was developed.
Open for Comment: The Patient Technology initiative is seeking vendor feedback by December 16, 2019 on their PT Vendor and Sponsor Engagement Considerations. All feedback is kept anonymously and should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What problems are we trying to solve?
Though the potential benefits of using PT are widely discussed, they are not yet fully realized because:
- A variety of regulatory, technical, cultural, and operational obstacles make it difficult for sponsors to progress novel PTs from pilot phase to scale
- Lack of communication between stakeholders (both internal and external) limits learning over time, resulting in sub-optimal PT implementation
- Risks and unknowns associated with PT may be overwhelming and study teams often struggle to navigate them
The Patient Technology Toolkit was designed to:
- Help decision-makers and study teams approach PT implementation strategically with long-term goals and scalability in mind
- Facilitate flow of knowledge and feedback between internal and external clinical trial stakeholders with respect to PT
- Help study teams identify, prevent or mitigate potential risks associated with PT adoption