Effective March 13, 2018.
Our Collection and Use of Personal Information.
- to allow our service providers or agents to provide services to us;
- to provide our services to you (and contacting you when necessary);
- we are sending you other information that may be useful to you;
- to protect the confidentiality or security of your records;
- to improve and maintain the website, and monitor its usage;
- in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of TransCelerate or the merger of TransCelerate into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which TransCelerate is not the survivor;
- in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, service quality, business management and operation, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, and dispute resolution;
- to comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement, if appropriate, for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
- to provide it to our attorneys, accountants, regulators, auditors or other advisors; or
- to disclose it as required or permitted by law.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your Personal Information:
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query about membership or events, or chose to submit your Personal Information to us to use one of our services).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as a global biopharmaceutical research and development community to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our users in order to improve our business.
- Because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g. where a regulatory body we are affiliated with requires this information).
Our disclosure of your Personal Information. In some circumstances we may share User Information with third parties where necessary to provide our services, comply with your request, or otherwise operate our business. We may share Personal Information with:
- our affiliates, where necessary to operate our business;
- our research partners, business associates and other member organisations; or
- service providers who assist us in administering our products, services, or website.
In addition, any information that you send us, such as your questions, suggestions, information, ideas, or other creative material (“Feedback”) belongs to us and will not be treated as confidential. You acknowledge and agree that we may use, reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, disclose, or create derivative works from Feedback without acknowledgement or compensation to you. However, we will not identify you as the source of the information without obtaining your consent.
When you visit our website to browse, we may collect, use, and store information such as the type of operating system, computer modem, device ID and Internet browser you are using, the number of times you visit our website, the particular pages you view, the date and time you access our website, and the length of your visits to our website (often referred to as ‘metadata’). We may use this information for insights into how we can continually improve our website and user experience.
If you’d like to stop our website from collecting certain types of information that could be used to provide you with more tailored information, then you may contact TransCelerate at Info@TransCelerateBioPharmaInc.com. If you delete your cookies, install a new browser or use a different computer, you will need to send us a new opt out request.
Social Media Platforms and Third-Party Websites. You may have the option to enter third party website through our website, or you may have the option to enter our website from another third party website. Since we cannot be assured that such third party website follow our privacy policies, we encourage you to ask questions and review the privacy policies of these third parties. We have no responsibility or liability for the actions or policies of these independent sites, do not endorse any product or service that may be mentioned or offered in such sites, and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such sites.
Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you submit to our website (including, but not limited to any of our pages contained on a social media platform or website such as LinkedIn or Twitter) by e-mail, posting, messaging, uploading, downloading, or otherwise (collectively, a “Submission”), is done at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of any social media platform or website and we are therefore not responsible for any content or Submissions contained on such sites and platforms.
Additionally, in the event that we offer a message board or any other interactive or social-type feature on a website administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, ingredients, tips, etc.). Although we may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of one of our website, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any Personal Information in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you don’t know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
Storage and retention. We will keep your User Information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where we have a professional relationship with you we will retain your details throughout the duration of that relationship. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
Security. We employ and maintain technology and security measures designed to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information on our website, that information is subject to a variety of protections, including firewalls and password-protected features for certain website options. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us.
Children’s Privacy. We are sensitive to privacy issues and look to protect your child’s information. We also strive to be fully compliant with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We strongly encourage parents and guardians to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 on our website without first obtaining verifiable consent from the child’s parent or guardian. Our process for collecting emails for informational notifications does not request information on the age of the requestor.
- We do not require your child to provide more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
- Please also note that we do not offer activities that require the ongoing collection and use of Personal Information provided by children, so we will seek your permission each time we need to collect Personal Information from your child.
- If you would like to review Personal Information about your child that we have on file, or request that certain information be changed or deleted, please send an e-mail to the TransCelerate Webmaster.
NOTICE: Visit www.ftc.gov/kidzprivacy for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy on-line.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information on one of our website without the consent of his or her parent or guardian, we ask that a parent or guardian send an e-mail to the TransCelerate Webmaster, and we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our files.
Data protection legislation in the European Union and the UK gives you certain rights in respect of your Personal Information, including the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Information, the right to access your Personal Information, and the ability to erase, restrict or correct your Personal Information.
You also have the right to object to your Personal Information being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ below for more details of how to opt-out of marketing. Please send an e-mail to TransCelerate at Info@TransCelerateBioPharmaInc.com to exercise any rights. Your rights can be exercised at any time and you may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you have any concerns. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us at the email address provided above so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. We may also retain copies of such information as necessary for us to comply with governmental orders, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce any agreement you have entered into with us, and as otherwise reasonably necessary for our business purposes.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages by [e.g. email, post etc.]. If you do not want us to use your information as described herein, then please e-mail us on the address above.
Please be aware that without the use of your information, we may not be able to provide you the products, services, or information you request. If you choose to opt-out of marketing, we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. information about your legal rights).
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact TransCelerate at Info@TransCelerateBioPharmaInc.com or write to us at (with a reference to California Disclosure Information):
Director of Communications
TransCelerate BioPharma Inc.
100 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 655
1001 Conshohocken State Road
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania 19428
We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.